2023 Test Dates
Location(s) to be selected and set by our Testing Committee.
Information on how to register will be added in the coming months.
The NAVHDA’s Aims, Programs and Test Rules can be found below and is the guideline for performance and assessment in our sport.
- Only NAVHDA registered dogs are eligible to participate in NAVHDA tests. NAVHDA tests are open to eligible dogs from the International publication date of the test announcement.
- All owners and handlers of dogs entered in a NAVHDA test must be NAVHDA International members. Dogs are eligible for a Natural Ability Test up until, and including, the day they reach 16 months of age. Dogs over 16 months may be run for evaluation only. Dogs over 16 months may only be run if space is available. No prize classification can be awarded the dog run for evaluation.
- There are no age restrictions on dogs entered in the Utility Preparatory Test, Utility Test or the Invitational Test. Only invited dogs are eligible to participate in the Invitational Test.
- No restrictions are placed on the number of times a dog may be tested, provided eligibility requirements are met. Repeated tests are encouraged throughout the dog’s development.
- Females “in season” may be run in NAVHDA tests. These dogs will be run last at each phase of testing.
We believe that when members invest in their dogs’ training, they will develop their versatile dogs into ‘finished’ hunting partners and amazing companions they will enjoy for years to come.